Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Back to BA! :)

The trip to Salta was a memorable experience. Came back last night with a "cold", a few souvenirs and lots of pictures which I will be downloading soon!

But first, I'm going to add the link to the pictures from Colonia, Uruguay. This was a mandatory and very unexpected trip I had to take.

I knew coming into Argentina with a US Passport, I could stay no more than 90 days or I would need a visa...My stay is for 82 days, so I thought I was covered.

Luckily for me, my mom mentioned to check my passport stamp and see how many days entry they had written down. Turns out...I only had permission for 60days!!!
Why? Because I was BORN in Argentina...and they don't recognize the American citizenship...

So I HAD TO LEAVE THE COUNTRY..and re-enter in order to obtain a "new" 60 day extension...otherwise they would NOT have allowed me to leave...."they loooove me...;)

Don't ask me why??? This is the "Argentina logic" I DO NOT understand...

The good news: I got to visit Colonia, Uruguay...very picturesque, has kept their colonial roots as evident by the pictures you'll see. The store owners, restaurants and craftsman...all deal with
4 currencies: Uruguay money...(don't know what it is)...argentine pesos, euros and dollars...

ok...here's the link to the pictures...enjoy while I download the Salta pictures...!

http://picasaweb.google.com/argentineyankee/ColoniaUruguay#

PS: the countdown has began...returning home in less than a month :)

No comments:

Post a Comment